Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Old Law? New Law?


In fulfilling the Old Law (i.e. the covenant with Israel and Moses), did Christ interpose a new law? If not, why have we quit following the Old Law? If so, what is it?

It seems that many, both "traditionalist" and "emergent" types, seem to follow some sort of "rule" that does not hold entirely to biblical teaching or principles. I know that I myself, have certain convictions. I wonder which of these "convictions" is indeed from God and which are just some sort of preconceived notion that came from elsewhere. I will leave it at that.

Maybe not, I have one more thought, no, one more question (perhaps several or both):

Christ said that loving God and loving those around us are the two greatest commands...and that all others stem from them...

How does one decide which of the laws to keep...and which can be set aside?

No comments: