The other day some friends of ours gave very generously to my wife and I. Little did they know, but it was the first time that we had actually been in some sort of financial need since we've been married. God bless you friends, you have been a great example to me.
"But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand."
1Chronicles 29:14
This is King David after he and his people gave literally hundreds of tons of gold, silver, and other precious materials of the day. How much do I give? How do I learn to give more?
King David later asked God to keep the desire to give and be faithful in his heart. So...God place this desire in my heart...and in the hearts of my family and friends. Let it not depart from us.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment