"My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass. 12 But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations" (Psalm 102: 11&12.)
I was just thinking to my self how much I hate how I cling to everything in this world...I guess my question is: "How does one go about letting go?" How do we make such a radical change in our perspective?
I can't even count how many times I've longed to be completely free of all desire other than my desire to know God. It seems like the moment this thought edges into my mind I'm already counting the cost. This fact is simply depressing.
People like a friend of mine who LIVED in the projects to reach the kids there amaze me. I even had the opportunity to move into his house with my wife after he left and all I could think of is what we'd have to get rid of in order to move there. We didn't end up going but sometimes I can't help but think that maybe...just maybe...we missed out on huge growth in our relationship with God if we had.
I don't know how to do it. How does one give it all? I don't know...but I would like to. My only solace is that one day, one sweet day, our Saviour and LORD will come and the earth as we know it will be gone. There won't be anything left to hold on to but Him and I am looking forward to it.
Lord change my heart.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment